Absentee Voter Information
ABSENT VOTER BALLOT APPLICATIONS FOR THE
NOVEMBER 8, 2016, GENERAL ELECTION
Absent Voter Ballot Application
QualificationsQualifications for requesting an absentee ballot are:
- 60 years or older
- Unable to vote without assistance at the polls
- Appointed to work as an Election Inspector in a precinct outside of your voting precinct
- Expecting to be out-of-town on election day
- Unable to attend the polls due to religion
- In jail awaiting arraignment
Submitting an Application
By mail or in person:
21131 Garden Lane, 2nd Floor
Ferndale, Michigan 48220
Where is my Ballot?
Track your Application and Ballot at the Michigan Voter Information Center
We may not give an absent voter's ballot to anyone other than the voter personally. Absentee ballots are mailed the day we receive your completed and signed application. You may request your ballot be mailed to any address outside of Royal Oak Township if you will be out of town.
Permanent Absent Voter's List
To be included on the Permanent Absent Voter's List contact the Clerk's office at 248-547-9800. This will enable the Clerk's office to mail you an application for an absent voter's ballot before each election.