Summer & Winter Tax Information
Summer taxes are levied July 1 and payable through September 14 without penalty.
Interest Fees: After September 14, unpaid summer taxes incur an automatic 1% interest through February 16. An additional 3% penalty is charged after February 16.
Payment covers the period from July 1st through June 30th of the following year.
Summer Taxes include:
- State Education – A tax levied by the State of Michigan on all property.
- School Debt – A tax levied by your local school districts on all property to pay off debt.
- School Operating – A tax levied by your local school districts on Non-Principle Residence property.
- Oakland Community College – Both a debt and operating tax levied on all property.
- Oakland Intermediate School District – A tax levied on all property.
- County Operating - A tax levied on all property.
Winter taxes are levied December 1 and are payable through February 16, 2016 without penalty.
Tax statements that are mailed out in early December are called the winter and/or December tax.
Winter taxes include:
- 50% of Oak Park School taxes
- Charter Township of Royal Oak taxes
- 100% of Ferndale School taxes
- Standard County and State taxes
Tax payments received after February 16, 2016 are subject to a 3% penalty.
On March 1, 2016 and thereafter, all delinquent taxes must be paid to the Oakland County Treasurer, 1200 N. Telegraph, Pontiac, MI 48341.
A 4% county property tax administration fee and a penalty of 1% interest per month for every delinquent month will be applied.
If payments are made after February 29, 2016, a revised statement from the Township must accompany your remittance to the county office.